Monday 22 September 2014

...CHANGE YOUR MIND...CHANGE YOUR LIFE



Today I'm going to write on something that has practically worked for me all my life, and i hope it can help you the reader too. I used to be that shy kid, quiet, invisible, slow, more like the kid that never really got attention. This affected me in so many ways, but most especially with my grades, social life and ability to express myself. I knew i was intelligent and had more to offer than just being ignored, but somehow i didn't know how to change the situation. Like the story of the eagles egg that rolled into the nest of a chicken, days later it hatches and thinks it is a chicken, but as weeks went by, it would look into the sky and see eagles flying high up there and something inside will say "that is where you should be". I remember feeling like this a lot of times until one day, i came across a saying and my orientation changed.

                  "YOU ATTRACT TO YOUR SELF WHAT YOU THINK OF THE MOST"

It totally changed the way i saw things, i realized that all this while i had been concentrating on more negative things about my life than the positive ones, i found out that i was allowing my background put my back to the ground. It showed me how i was allowing negative things from my life and upbringing affect me mentally....wow!!! it felt like a veil was lifted off my eyes. I suddenly remembered a song by Don Moen which says "....and now let the weak say i am strong, let the poor say i am rich..." how simple but powerful this song is .Years back, we used to live in a four story building and my family resided on the fourth floor, it was my duty in the house to wake up in the morning and fill the drums with water. On days when i would wake up and say "yea i feel good and i will fill all the drums", i realized i actually did fill the drums, but on days when i woke up saying "I'm so tired, i don't think i can fill the drums", i never was able to do so. So i changed my speech, every morning i would jump up the bed and say "i can fill all the drums, because i am strong and i feel great" and i never ran short of filling those drums, amazing how the mind controls the body? I applied this to several areas of my life and occupation and i have seen how it has helped me improve too well.


                      AS A MAN THINKETH IN HS HEART, SO SHALL HE BE...Prov 23:7


We never really know how powerful we as humans are. If many of us knew what we carry on the inside of us that can transform the outside, then we no longer will feel as small as we do sometimes. If you think of failure more often than success in any area of your life, then there is every chance that you will fail. If you are largely more fearful of a lot of things, then those same things you fear the most will show up in your life. We humans are like magnets we attract things. Everything you see in your life today came to you as a result of what you thought yesterday, the things that will show up in your life tomorrow will be as a result of the things you are thinking today, so my question is "what are you thinking today?"...what are you expectations? in your finances, your relationship, as regards your career, your future, that exam/test, your education, your family....what are you thinking?. Naturally begin to EXPECT good things to happen to you, and you will be amazed how life will turn out, tell yourself "money is coming, i have the best man/woman, i am the best, my future is so bright, i am succeeding, i am winning......Let me share with you four very important quotes that further gingered me to change my thought pattern.


1- "As he thinks, so he is; as he continues to think, so he remains"

2- “A man is literally what he thinks, his character being the complete sum of all his thoughts.”

3- “All that a man achieves and all that he fails to achieve is the direct result of his own thoughts.”

4- “The body is the servant of the mind. It obeys the operations of the mind, whether they be deliberately chosen or automatically expressed.”



Finally, i really don't care where you came from, and what your life experience was, that is simply your life story, you owe it to yourself to succeed and no one else, but in order for you to succeed, you will need to get rid of everything negative that you constantly think of and begin to think of possible positive things that can happen to you and you will see them come to you. POSITIVE EXPECTATIONS BRINGS POSITIVE MANIFESTATION. Today i am a better man and one that the world is hearing from real soon *smiling face*. Expect the best for your life and let us all meet at the top. Peace!

3 comments:

  1. What we go through in life shapes who we are, even when we want to stay positive, it's sometimes difficult. I agree with you but I also believe the people we surround ourselves with play a huge role towards our outlook on life....

    ReplyDelete
  2. True words at marsherah....personally I can say it is so true because the right crowd has helped me a lot. The right kind of friends around you helps too.

    ReplyDelete